How to set up a captive portal with Ruckus/ZoneDirector
Follow these steps to get set up:
You will need:
- Access to the Ruckus/ZoneDirector controller
- A splash page already created in your Fydelia account using the Ruckus/ZoneDirector form
1. Set northbound secret, no username required for API (For SmartZone there is no user name required but if it is its API)
Radius user used by Splash page needs to be set up as localDB user (On ZD you cannot create a user, you will need to select, a local database under the HotSpot Services Options)
(HotSpot Services) This is where you will configure the HotSpot settings (Set the Authentication/Accounting Servers, and add the Fydelia link to the Wall Garden, smart client support set to none) for the WLAN to use.
2. Make sure to enable Wireless client isolation:
Click create new
3. Please ensure that the Wall Garden is populated otherwise the clients won't be able to see the page.
4. (WLAN) Authentication and Encryption options need to be set to None and Open.
And then select Fydelia under HotSpot Services
These options are not available on this model of ZoneDirector, but Fydelia will work without them.
- MAC address format lowercase without colons (ZD standard)
- MAC address should be encrypted (N/A)
- user IP should be encrypted (N/A)
- HTTPS redirect enabled (Have to specify in URL)
- user session 1440 (Default)
NOTE:You will need to add the northbound secret to your Fydelia splash page